Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1 (800) 619-8991
Phone: (952) 388-2942

Can my bankruptcy filings be amended if I forgot to list a creditor?

Bankruptcy filings may be amended until a certain date (check with your local court to find out how far in advance of discharge the amendments must be filed). If you file the amendment in time, a creditor that you originally forgot to include on your schedules will be added. However, this process is more arduous than is including the creditor on the original filings so the best option is to be very careful when filing your initial schedules. If you purposefully omit a creditor, you will be guilty of perjury. If you unintentionally omit a creditor because you were honestly not aware of that creditor, that debt may be discharged.

To find out more information about bankruptcy in Minnesota, please read our FREE book: What You Need to Know Before You FIle for Bankruptcy in Minnesota.

Barry Rosenzweig
Connect with me
Barry Rosenzweig, has 25 years experience as an attorney helping clients solve their legal problems.