Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1 (800) 619-8991
Phone: (952) 388-2942

What are the citizenship requirements for Chapter 7 bankruptcy?

These requirements are a lot more lax than you might expect. If you own property in the United States, you may file for bankruptcy even if you are not a citizen and do not have a Social Security or Tax ID number. If you do not own property in the U.S., you may file for bankruptcy if you have a Social Security ID or Tax ID, even if you are not an American citizen.

To find out more information about what you need to do to complete a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Minnesota, please contact an experienced Minneapolis Chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyer at (952) 388-2942 or (800) 619-8991 and please read our FREE book: What You Need to Know About Filing Bankruptcy in Minnesota.

Barry Rosenzweig
Connect with me
Barry Rosenzweig, has 25 years experience as an attorney helping clients solve their legal problems.